Please email email@example.com to be added to a waiting list for sold out performances.
What happens when deadlines go awry, Post-Its come unstuck, and water cooler relationships freeze?
WOMEN & WORK, The Contract is a dance theatre performance led by choreographer Philippa Donnellan, and theatre artist Ruth Lehane, premiering on Culture Night, Friday 17 September at 6pm with additional performances on Saturday 18 September in the afternoon. The project is produced in association with Dance Limerick, as part of their new programme DL.BRIDGE, and hosted by Limerick Chamber.
WOMEN & WORK, The Contract takes a light-hearted, quizzical look at life in the workplace as experienced by women. The piece is performed by an ensemble of dynamic local women with a love of dance, who have been busy rehearsing with Philippa and Ruth over the past six weeks at Dance Limerick. Limerick Chamber opens its doors to host the show, and provides a striking office background for this special promenade performance. The piece is inspired by women from all walks of life who joined Philippa during a research residency at Dance Limerick in 2019.
Culture Night, Friday 17 September | 6pm & 8pm
Saturday 18 September | 1pm
Saturday 18 September | 3pm
Saturday 18 September | 5pm
- This is a promenade performance, the audience will be moving between 3 floors during the show. The show lasts for approx. 1 hr.
- Unfortunately there is no wheelchair access to the building.
- The performances take place at Limerick Chamber, 96 O'Connell St, Limerick, V94 YYP6
Covid-19 Safety Guidelines:
The health and safety of our audience, visitors, artists, staff and volunteers is a priority.
This event will follow health and safety guidelines outlined by the HSE and government of Ireland at the time.
We ask patrons to comply with the following:
- Masks must continue to be worn while in the venue and during the event.
- We will also require patrons to present their Digital Covid Certificates on arrival to the venue.
- Accompanied children under 18yrs do not need to produce a Digital Covid Certificate.
- Places must be booked in advance online in order to collect contact information for contact tracing.
- You will be asked to fill in a short online health screening form prior to attending events.
By booking this event, you acknowledge and take responsibility for your own health screening. You agree to comply with government directives, and you will not attend this event if you are unwell.
We will continue to follow government guidelines and over the coming days we will update our website and our social media channels on a regular basis. Alternatively contact our box office team with any queries on firstname.lastname@example.org / 061 400 994.
Through a combination of performance platforms, residency opportunities, master classes, talks and lectures, Dance Limerick will advocate for artistic dialogue and exchange. In collaboration with dance artists across a range of practices, Dance Limerick will promote the creation of new and innovative work and will devise programmes of access, engagement and participation for the wider public.
Based at the premises of the former Daghdha Dance Company, Dance Limerick houses offices and a fully equipped studio space along with a separate performance venue known as the Daghda Space
Further information about facilities and opportunities for professional dance artists available from Jenny Traynor at